Thursday, November 8, 2012

My focus changed a bit, having come into some money, I invested in a Google Nexus 7. I haven't rooted it yet, but I wanted to list a few things I found a bit problematic about it. Being a bit of a BBC radio 4 listener, I was sad to discover that I couldn't play radio via iPlayer, this is cured by installing the BBC media player app. However this has one CONSIDERABLE draw back, it won't play in the background. I've tried other apps for listening to radio, I have a number of older Android devices and I thought I'd tried them all, but I was wrong. TuneIn! Plays Radio 4, has no ads, plays in the background, works on my X10 mini pro, works on my Tablet. Joy! What of my original tablet? Well I need a temperature controller for my wife's green house and my son is always wanting to nab my hardware so we will see ...

No comments:

Post a Comment